Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Zen update: Long road to where I was ... but better, and with a blue glow!

OK. I realize as I write this that it's perhaps a little nutty to be excited that I listened to an audio book while driving in to work today. It used to be, not so long ago, that I did that most every day. But today, I did it using my Zen Micro.

Which means that instead of checking out a package of 10 or so CDs from the library, I downloaded a file and a license, figured out some settings, etc., and put my FM transmitter to use (more on that later). Instead of a load of CDs, I have my sweet, blue-glowing Zen to talk to me. Or play music. Or otherwise do my bidding, as long as the buttons work.

And, joy of joys, the buttons worked today -- worked as I imagine God, or the makers of the Zen, intended, responding to my every touch, not ignoring me like a bored lover with a remote in one hand and a drink in the other.

It was just like I thought it would be. The buttons did my bidding and I felt so good that it eradicated all my past frustrations. Of course, I still haven't synced my Zen with my Outlook. But in fairness to dear Z, I haven't tried. It's been a busy few days, and I've been happy just to have my music and my story and my blue glow.

No comments: