Monday, January 23, 2006

"I would come back from the grave and haunt your ass ... "

Was catching up on "Desperate Housewives" ... the episode where Lynette's husband Tom lets slip that he has a "Plan B" in case she dies before him. Not that he would ever use it, of course. But no amount of fast but stumbling talking gets him out of trouble with his wife, who wants him to show his commitment to her by getting a vasectomy.

I made the mistake of telling my dear wife Cheryl that their interaction reminded me of us. Not that I have a Plan B. I really don't. (Well, not that Angelina Jolie is now with that Pitt fella.) It was more the foot-in-mouth-ness of Tom. I really felt for him. I am definitely the one in our relationship who is most likely to have to start digging my way out of a pit made by my own stupid words. I'd like to think I'm better at it than Tom. But of course, Cheryl knows asking me for a vasectomy is pointless -- even though I would do anything for her. And not just because she says things like "I would come back from the grave an haunt your ass" when I joke about having a Plan B.

1 comment:

MommyCheryl said...

Oh, I don't know. Blood is thicker than water has haunted me for how many years now???

But, dear, you know that Love is thicker than blood.

Anyway, did you know this is why one of my nieces (and you know which one) got her tubes tied instead of having her hubby's bidness snipped? So that if anything ever happened to her and he remarried, he could have another family. It's about the most horrifyingly disgusting thing I've ever heard. If you told me the same thing, your ovaries would be hanging over your shoulders.