Thursday, January 26, 2006

Zen update -- and the device of my dreams

In relatively short order, I've become pretty well used to my Zen Micro. It's certainly a more essential part of my life than my Palm, though not quite up there with my cell phone. If only I could merge them into my dream device ....

The "Stephinator" would be:
a phone
an audiobook player
a music player
a camera
able to connect to the Web
at least 5 gigs big

I thought that the Tungsten T3 might be it. They're not phones, but they theoretically could handle audiobooks and music, have a built in camera, and, with a wifi card, can connect to the Web. They're not the new Palms, so the price is somewhat right for a cheapskate like me (between $150-$250, used -- still not supercheap). Tungstens are beloved by many and quite multimedia-ish. One person on Amazon bragged that they were able to get their T3 to do everything but give backrubs.

But while I wait for the magical device to arrive, I continue to cobble together my somewhat connected life with what I got.

And continue to learn about my charming but imperfect Zen on sites such as this one:

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/zenmicro.html

No comments: