Sunday, January 08, 2006

Books on the Zen Micro ... and lesser degrees of tech success

I'm in the process downloading a couple of books for my Zen Micro. Which is a great feeling. Well, sort of. It can be a little disorienting when you're embracing the new ... even if you're nowhere near one of the first people to do it.

Dan Brown's "Deception Point:" 69 percent

"Bringing Down the House:" 49 percent

It seems like only yesterday that I was ahead of the curve for doing books on CD instead of books on tape. Now books on CD are so 20th century. I've already used my FM transmitter to broadcast music and "Lost" podcasts from my Zen to my car radio. Now I'll be doing it with books. Still not sure how it will work as far as keeping/finding my place. Still not sure if my seeming inability to make the play/pause button do my bidding will return. And don't even ask my why I'm having trouble accessing my two newly created playlists. Sigh.

"Point": 80 percent; "House": 70 percent

Other Half has been quite tolerant of my noodling around on the computer for hours. I've been cleaning up the hard drive, a deeper clean to go with the decluttering of the desktop. Now, if we can just get 30-some gigs of video out of the way, we'll be at a more reasonable level of space on our hard drive (from 60-some gigs to 30-some). It will be interesting to see if it helps the computer's performance. It is more scary than interesting that I am excited about defragging the hard drive. What the hell?

Of course, I'm better at defragging than dealing with my playlist problem.

"House": done; "Point": 99 percent

And ... scene.

No comments: