Sunday, January 08, 2006

Procrastination fascination

So, it's 10 after midnight. I should be sleeping. Instead, I have spent the last 22 minutes watching "The Office" and cleaning up the desktop of our main computer. In the process, I've put our music into a spot where the Creative Media Player can actually seem to find it. I can't explain why 14 gigs of music were somehow in a folder called My Music that I could only see when I came at it through My Computer. But now they're in another folder called My Music and visible as they were always meant to be.

The Micro is filling up. Added a gig of songs last night, so I think I'm somewhere between 2 and 3, which means I'm half done. I had wondered if I could somehow fit all of our music onto my Micro. This is, I see now, more unrealistic (I prefer the term "magical") thinking. Just the stuff on our computer is almost 14 gigs, down from 16 once I eliminated doubles and stupid things I'd never want to hear again. Which are, I hope, stupid things Cheryl never wants to hear again.

Anyway, the Micro holds 5 gigs. We've got 14 on the computer and another couple hundred CDs in the bedroom, mostly collecting dust. Will we ever become fully digital? Probably not. And we'll probably always read newspapers (at least sometimes) and books made of paper and keep a land line. We are so old school. We even still watch VHS on occasion.

No comments: