Friday, January 20, 2006

Spending spree!

You have to remember, everything is relative here at Cheapskate Central, where I reuse my Double Gulp cups to save 49 cents and, you know, because it's good for the environment and stuff.

Just blew $7.49 on a cord that will connect my Palm to a computer. Yes, I have a cradle/connector/charger. But I want to be able to connect my Palm at home and at work. You know, if I'm going to remain committed to outdated technology, I'm going to remain COMMITTED!

But the spending spree ain't over yet. I'm debating whether or not to drop 99 cents plus shipping on a hub, so that the unholy union of my crap technology can occur. Found a seller on eBay who's got USB 1.1 hubs and USB 2.0 hubs available, so the only question is: Do I go with the slower one (1.1) that is kind of a quiet silver, or the faster one (2.0) that is a heinous neon green (not that it will be anywhere visible). I certainly don't need the faster connection. They both cost 99 cents to buy, but the 2.0 hub costs $5.95 to ship, compared to $3.95 for the 1.1 hub. I guess the post office has an "ugly" surcharge. I think I'm going to cheap out, by the by. And ... I just did. And I feel good about it. That $2 I'm saving is two Double Gulps.

Of course, buying no hub at all, and no sync cable, would mean a dozen Double Gulps.

Now, the question is: What about Cheryl's troubled cell phone?

Oh, and should I buy a card reader that actually reads the xD cards that our camera uses?

And will I EVER sync my Zen with my Outlook?

No comments: