Monday, January 02, 2006

Treasure is something of an overstatement

"National Treasure" is over. The popcorn is gone. The cheesecake is gone. All that's left for me is to start my other New Year's resolutions (late, of course):

1. Get back on some semblance of the Atkins diet. The kind where I still have rice and beans sometimes, and don't eat breakfasts that consist solely of bacon.

2. Work out more.

3. Cheesecake? Not so much.

Cheesy movies? Despite Cheryl's best efforts, this indulgence will probably continue. But I gotta say, the cheese isn't as good as it used to be. Whether it's "National Treasure" or "Sahara" both feature a lot of sweat and dust signifying not much. Where is the "Independence Day" of the new milennium? The "Armageddon"?

After sitting through "Treasure" with me, she says I now owe her a date night to see "Brokeback Mountain" without complaint. Sigh. I don't mind watching boys kiss, but I hate sad movies. We need more gay comedies and fewer gay tragedies.

1 comment:

MommyCheryl said...

OK, first of all, you are just pandering when you say "we need more gay comedies, fewer gay tragedies" or whatever hoo-ha you're trying to sell. Fact is, you just heard someone complain about that and you've latched onto it as some kind of high-minded excuse for the fact that you don't like films that don't make you feel good. Get over it. Sad is OK.

Secondly, that Atkins crap shot your cholesterol level into roughly the same category as that of some greasy-haired fat guy who's about one deep-fried mozzarela stick away from a massive heart attack.

And finally, Armageddon? Are you nuts? That could be the cheese stick that sends you to the ICU. That movie sucked and you know it.

That said, I do love you and look forward to our Brokeback Mountain date. However, I think your blog entry violates our "without complaint" rule so you still owe me something. Just what, I'm still thinking of.