Friday, January 20, 2006

Creative tech support ... at least the hold music is pleasant

Let's be clear about something: I am on hold with Creative to get some Zen tech support. And I am using the time to work! (OK, blog a little, but mostly work!) And the reason I am calling tech support is so that I can access my Outlook info (contacts, tasks, etc.) for work!

The hold music has gone from an upbeat synthy techno to an upbeat synthy techno world pop to an upbeat, synthy Teshian pop punctuated with the reminder that "Your call is important to us. Please continue to hold for the next 17 hours." Perfect! My snark worked as intended, and they answered after something more like 7 minutes.

I have explained the problem. I am now on hold with no music.

My friendly helper is back, with a "solution ID number" for me to enter into the "knowledge base." (SID 6981, if you're interested -- also known as "Outlook Synchronization Error 'One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match' ")

We'll see how it goes.

OK. It's a couple of hours later. Tried again. No go, though I didn't get the same error message.

No comments: