Monday, January 09, 2006

Somebody's actually reading? (and a Zen Micro update)

Breakthrough: A comment from someone I'm not quasi-married to. Thanks, "theninjakitten," for the tips and link (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=20418401&postID=113678471059447090) on xferring my books on CD to my MP3 player.

Meanwhile, an update: I had a little problem "aquiring the licenses" for the books I downloaded from my netlibrary.com. There were steps they suggested to fix the problem, but those didn't seem to work, so I just followed my typical stragegy of clicking and reclicking and reloading and cursing. And that took care of things. (Seriously, what I did was play the files through my Windows Media Player 10, while logged into the netlibrary site.)

And I figured out my playlist access problem. Usually when I figure something out I feel proud of myself. This time, I felt kinda soft in the head. Basically, I needed to reconfigure the menu of my Micro so that it actually offered "playlists" as an option. You mean I can only access something if I tell my player that I WANT to access it? Ridiculous! :)

No comments: