Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Photoshop instead of Microsoft Image Suite

In case you think I have an irrational love of things Microsoft, let me clear that up. It's more of a PC affection, which means that I'm cool with throwing over Microsoft's Picture Suite for Adobe's Photoshop Elements. (Of course, for all I know, Microsoft owns Adobe. And Coke owns Pepsi.)

We chose Elements because it seems more able to do things we want to do, like combine images so that it appears our sons are actually in the same picture as, say, Thomas the Tank Engine or Jay Jay the Jet Plane. And then we can put me in the same picture as, say, Angelina Jolie or Paula Marshall. Msft's thing would be cheaper after the rebate (like $45 instead of $79). And it did have raves aplenty on Amazon. But I think we've made the right choice.

Not that I don't love some of the Msft stuff I've bought. In particular, I appreciate the speakers we got at Costco for something like $50. I think they were intended for PCs, but we plugged them into our TV to give us juiced-up sound. Someday, I'll have surround sound. In the meantime, while I still have low-def TV, this will do.

No comments: