Sunday, January 22, 2006

The closest I got to the big game was ...

Watching it from the floor of my living room, with my boy Ed in my lap, and my boy Chas occasionally on my head. Doesn't get better than that.

The fan in me was rooting for the team. The part of me that wants to have an actual life and not just work my ass off was rooting for Carolina, despite the pathetically '90s Vanilla Ice-style neon-blue typeface of their team name (or maybe because of ....). But the next two weeks probably would have been somewhat sucky anyway, what with a number of colleagues gone for all or part of that time. May as well have something to cheer about.

Much better to see Seahawks blue, majestically decorating cupcakes, sheet cakes and most excellent banks/popcorn holders, as I did earlier today at Albertsons. And can I just say that I never saw so many people wearing sports jerseys? And can I just say that I saw not one but two women absolutely rocking what appeared to be youth sized Shaun Alexander jerseys? This isn't really (only) lust talking ... I wish I could pull that off. But I think I'm actually taller than him, and I think you have to be little to look cute in a football jersey.

No comments: