Monday, March 13, 2006

When Monday feels like Sunday and a birthday lasts four days ....

My boys turned three this weekend, Saturday to be exact. The celebrating began on Friday, which is also when the housecleaning began in earnest. It was a day off work, but not a day off, believe me.

The good news is that the boys got their Bob the Builder Duplo, and other great gifts. And though they fear the car they can drive themselves (a very cool, two-seater "Jeep Wrangler" fire brigade thing), they will someday love it. And they currently do love the Radio Flyer wagon we got them.

Cheryl and I got the gift of a clean house. For even though we're still rather deep in party detritis, we're better off than we were when we started. And I gotta say: I really like it when the house is clean. Maybe because it is such a rare thing. Maybe if it were clean all the time, I'd just be complacent. We'll never know.

Tomorrow, I'm back to work. Actually, I'm back for a retreat, where we'll learn how to be ourselves but better. We'll see how that goes. And I'll spend the whole week not quite knowing what day it is.

It has been great to get away. Whether or not it has made my heart fonder for work, well, that remains to be seen.

No comments: