Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Is there a decent sports magazine for women?

Is there ANY sports magazine for women? So far, I'm striking out. Back in the day, I subscribed to Women's Sports and Fitness. Now it's just a foundation, not a magazine. Though I did subscribe to their e-newsletters.

I found SI for Women, then found that the Web site was a ghost from 2002. It's dead.

I saw on WNBA.com that Diana Taurasi reads Slam magazine, but it has only ever put a woman on its cover once in 10 years, and it's more of a straight-up NBA/men's hoops pub. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

There was once something called On Point. Dead, though they're selling back issues for only the price of postage.

Damn, this is depressing!

Coming soon: My thoughts on why women's sporting magazines die, but women's fitness magazines survive, even thrive. Men, on the other hand, get both.

No comments: