Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Screamin' Life, or Why Angelina Jolie is having kid after kid after kid ...

I saw that Angelina Jolie once said:

"I wish I could find people who just would fight me and break through to me and hold me down and scream their life into my face."

And now that I'm a mother of toddlers, I say "Be careful what you wish for." ('Cause you'll want more and more of it.)

Cheryl and I have had occasion to hold a couple of adorable babies of late. And babies are awesome. I can't believe how fun it is just to watch them take in the world. Or sleep, for that matter. But toddlers ... toddlers are kickass, maddening, fabulous creatures. The things they say, the things they do. I worry that the world will push my boys to moderate their id beyond what's reasonable. I'm going to do my best to make sure that doesn't happen.

No comments: