Friday, March 31, 2006

Coke Blah

I'm officially sick of Diet Coke. I expect this to last for at least a week or so. Actually, it's not so much DC's fault: I'm just head-over-heels for Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, and I don't know what I am going to do when it is no longer available at 7-Eleven fountains. That dark day must be coming. Let's hope it's far in the future.

Speaking of Coke products, I saw a completely unsurprising press release today:


New Coke BlaK Fizzles with Consumer Reports Taste-Testers

Consumers looking for more coffee with their cola may be disappointed with the new American version of Coke BlaK, according to Consumer Reports taste tests. Consumer Reports bought a bottle of the new American version of Coke BlaK and taste-tested it against both the French version and regular Coca-Cola Classic. Testers found the U.S. Coke BlaK sweeter, with a more caramel-like flavoring, similar to Coca-Cola Classic. The coffee flavor is a bare whiff. And Coke BlaK (about $2 a bottle) is a lot pricier than a regular can of Coke. Pricier still is a flight to France, where their version of Coke BlaK actually tastes more coffee-like -- and good.

No comments: