Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More reasons why I love Angelina Jolie (get your mind out of the gutter)

These quotes come from ABC newsy Cynthia McFadden (on the Tony Danza show). So, an odd pedigree at best, but some interesting words:

On George Clooney and Angelina Jolie's approach to their celebrity:

He and Angelina have something in common. It's sort of the Jiu Jitsu approach to celebrity. You know how in Jiu Jitsu you absorb the punch of the other guy and then you turn it back? They absorb this incredible attention they get and they try and use this attention to focus on something they care about. In Angelina's case it's on these kids and in George's case it's on issues he cares about, political issues.

On what Angelina Jolie is really like:

Let me say this, any woman who gives 1/3 of her income to the poorest kids in the world has something going for her.

The Angelina I met was sort of shy. She talked about going to Washington and being shy when she got there. And I said, "Come on, Angelina Jolie, shy?" And she said, "Ya know, Cynthia, inside I am still the kind of freaky kid who didn't do very well in school, who never went to college, who isn't always sure of what to say or how to say it, but ya know something I've been around the world now and have seen 20 of these orphanages, I know right from wrong."

No comments: