Monday, March 13, 2006

Tired or dying?

I've been tired and nap-craving all weekend. You could reasonably argue that I feel this way because I've been working hard, it's exhausting to clean house then put on a kids' birthday party, etc. Or you could think that it's early symptoms of some sort of disease.

One of these is reasonable. One of them is melodramatic, and, let's be real here, highly unlikely. I don't have any specific focus for my hypochondria. I just know people who have had diseases like MS or lymphoma come on in their 30s, and the symptoms have included, yes, unexplained tiredness. Or tiredness that they thought could be explained reasonably, but was really something else.

I'm going to apologize to these people for insulting their real life situations with my ridiculous fears. But I am a small person sometimes. And let's be real: The way I drive, it's much more likely to be a car wreck that takes me out.

No comments: