Saturday, March 25, 2006

Unlike the Matrix, at least this ends well.

I now have a visual representation on my blog. I am now my Trinity action figure, accompanied by my Double Gulp and my Zen Micro. But it was a long and frustrating road.

It used to be that I could wander my way through just about any sort of tech thing with an acceptable success to frustration level. Now, thought, it's getting harder. Like I said, it ends well. I got my picture on the blog. Here's how:

1. Start a blog. See that I should get my picture on there. Get distracted by other things.

2. Work it out so my cell phone feeds pictures directly to my blog. Feel powerful and mighty. Call myself Neo.

3. Neo can get pictures on to her blog, but getting a picture as my ID is different. Can't just phone it in, as it were. Must deal with "photo hosting." This is more complicated. My photo must have a URL. The host I am sent to is seemingly friendly, but ultimately unsuited to what I want to do. I put the problem aside. For two months. I am not Neo.

4. Trinity stands next to my computer at work, silently mocking me for my failure. Take the perfect picture of her for my blog ID. Curse my inability to actually get it on there.

5. Spend two hours wrestling with technology. Get it done without hosting. I use my own blog to get a URL for my photo, and while it's vaguely reminiscent of a snake eating its own tale, it works.

Call me Neo.

No comments: