Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It feels good to feel better

My bout with hypochondria is over. In no small part because it was boring. And I feel better. And when I feel better, I don't want to look for reasons to feel worse.

Maybe part of the feeling better is spending a couple of hours in Whole Foods last night. Just the incidental exposure to all that healthiness gave me a boost. I was there to hear from an allergy doctor, who is so sharp, so engaged, so plugged in that she makes me want to kick my kid's old allergy doc in the nads. But instead we'll just fire him and find someone else ... someone who actually seems to recognize our guy after, you know, almost two years of appointments.

We sat near a woman who is allergic to eggs, dairy, nuts, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. And she has celiac disease, which means no wheat. I asked her what her comfort food was, what she enjoyed eating. And she took forever to come up with an answer. That's just damn sad.

Yeah, I'm still tired. Yeah, I need to recommit to the diet and exercise thing. But I can pretty much eat what I want. No more whining. Until next time. :)

No comments: