Sunday, March 05, 2006

"I want to see this again when you say it"

Eddie just said this to Mommy Cheryl, who is possibly the greatest reader of books ever. And I've heard lots of them, as that's how I engage in most of my book consumption (see Micro, Zen and downloads, Netlibrary).

She's in there reading them a Kipper story. Or, I should say, a "Kippah" story. Imagine that name (of a little British dog) and all of his dialogue said in luvly UK-speak. And that's not all. Cheryl manages an engaging combination of voices and emotions and all that stuff that makes a reading good. Really, she compares favorably with Campbell Scott, who just did "Cell" for me. Well, not just for me. Another advantage to Cheryl: I don't have to share her with anyone but a couple of adorable boys.

1 comment:

MommyCheryl said...

OK, the context for the remark by Eddie must be stated. It's a page of the book that basically just shows a series of illustrations to demonstrate how Kipper set up a Rube Goldberg-type contraption to send his hamster flying into his arms. Since they don't know from Rube Goldberg, I felt it better to describe what was happening.

Apparently, it was riveting. I believe this says more about Eddie than it does about my reading skills. However, I'm glad to know you appreciate my ridiculous British accents.

Toodles,
Cheryl