Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've been remiss ...

So, I'm solidly into Week 2 at Big Internet Retailer, which will be known as BIR. I kind of know what I'm doing, though I remain frustrated by the tools I'm in the process of learning. My cubicle neighbor assures me that my relationship with these tools will quickly progress "from terror to tedium." I am looking forward to the tedium. Have progressed slightly away from terror, but it's still close by.

I still like my work. I'm now starting to settle into my routine more fully, though my a.m. routine still lacks Double Gulps. This works out well for the whole "dozing on the bus" thing, but when I get to the office, I am parched. Having a little, teeny "normal" sized can of pop (brought from home on the bus, I might add) just doesn't seem to do it. And while I could buy (ick) Diet Pepsi in bottles for only $1 each, getting up to my usual quantity would put my pop bill at about $5 a day. No thanks.

So I'm drinking a lot of hot tea, which is fine. And water, which is very, very good for me. (Yes, I do know that.) And I'm working through the pop thing.

Lunch-wise, things are more promising. Uwajimaya, with its baby squid and other delights, is just across the street. But I need to appreciate that sparingly. The price isn't wrong ($6 and change without a soda, $8 and change with). But I don't want to either spend too much, or get sick of it. So, I think what I'm going to do is bring in a big bag of Trader Joes every week, early in the week, and boom: I'm good.

No comments: