Thursday, May 18, 2006

An awesome achievement (not my own)

Usually, it's all about me. My thoughts, my dreams, my clever takes on the world. Blah, blah, blah.

I need to take a timeout from that to applaud my dear Cheryl, who fixed our van CD player, which had unfortunately become the boys' coin purse. This happened once before and we took it to the dealership for warranty service. And got a stern lecture. So we couldn't take it back for free repair again .... But Cheryl dug about online, past the place that tried to charge $5 for the instructions on removing the CD player, found them for free, and did her thing. This involved displacing the entire front dash, unplugging and replugging God knows what, taking out coin after coin after coin after stinkin' coin .... And then, miracle of miracles, the CD player worked once she returned it to its rightful place. All hail Cheryl!

Actually, it is a credit to me that I have latched on to such a wonderful partner. It IS all about me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We? What's this "we got a stern lecture" crap? That was all me. Hence my persistence at getting the damn thing out without a humiliating return to the dealer to acknowledge that my children are out of control.