Tuesday, May 16, 2006

am/pm debit charge bastards!

My hunt for a decent supplier of my drug of choice -- fountain pop, preferably Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, in 64 ounce sized containers -- continues. Today, it took the form of a too-long walk to the nearest am/pm minimarket, which is also the nearest convenience store that offers something other than Diet Pepsi via fountain.

At first I was pleased. The am/pm offered Diet Dr. Pepper, in a lovely reusable 64 ounce cup. But when the time came to pay, well, I discovered that the rat bastards charge 45 cents for debit card transactions. And they don't take credit cards. And I didn't have my purse with me, so I didn't have any cash handy. It was a hot day, and I was thirsty, so I paid. Resentfully. I am ameliorated slightly by the fact that I got a bedskirt for $1 (seriously) at the Pacific Coast Feather Outlet Store.

It's going to be interesting to see how my soda options develop. I'm not sure am/pm will figure into the equation much, but it was a learning experience. That's what I tell myself to make the 45 cents seem less wasted.

No comments: