Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My relationship with Diet Coke takes a turn ....

So, I did not start my day with a Double Gulp today. That's not to say that I skipped caffiene -- hell, I'm not crazy. I had a reasonable, 34-ounce mug of hot tea. It was a little on the tepid side, but quite satisfying.

It wasn't just that it was ice-scrapin' cold. I drink icy, gigantic Diet Cokes in the cold all the time. Or at least I have this winter. I just got sick of soda. Maybe it was the increasing number of days in which I drank the equivalent of three Double Gulps, which is the equivalent of three 2-liters, which is the equivalent of a pony keg of Out of My Fucking Mind.

My sickness eased somewhat by tonight. I had two cans of Diet Coke with Lime to accompany my dinner. It's amazing to me that some people would think two cans is not a small amount of pop. It's also amazing to me how much I miss just the process of drinking a Double Gulp.

No comments: