Saturday, February 04, 2006

"I'm a brayf liddle boy!"

Had a fun day with the boys today (swimming, playing, a nap, a trip to the library). Which is good, since I'll have to work tomorrow. The Super Bowl. All that crap. I mean, Go Seahawks! Actually, I am very excited about the team and the game. But I'd like to watch it with a boy on my lap, not at work, freaking out about how we're going to get 26 pages sent in a minute and a half.

We started our day with Clifford the Big Red Dog at our favorite local educational toy and book store. And Thomas the Tank Engine counts as educational, apparently, so the boys spent much of their time at a train table. There are, for those who don't know, a zillion different kinds of trains, from recycling to gold mining to museum cars and engines aplenty. And I saw something I'd never seen before: Eddie said he didn't want one of the Thomas trains -- specifically, the dragon car. It's a Chinese parade float. And Eddie is afraid of it.

So, tonight, Cheryl got Eddie to watch "Thomas, Percy and the Dragon," which had him, previously, running from the room. Hence, the comment, "I'm a brayf liddle boy." He repeated it many times, and also told us that Chas is brave. Chas was, of course, not in the room while this video played. Chas feels the same about the dragon video as he does about most Thomas videos -- "I run away! I run away! Let's watch Kipper." Kipper is a kindly British dog. Very relaxing compared to the horrors of Thomas.

No comments: