Monday, February 06, 2006

Dr. Piss Me Off

One thing that's not better later is a doctor. Don't get me wrong: I understand that karma has me on the hook for some waiting.

And I didn't start to get grumpy with my boy Chas' allergy doc until an HOUR after the appointment time. The guy has never been on time, and I'm not about to judge too harshly. Again, that karma thing. Today, however, I got pushed into Harshville. At the one-hour mark, I was told it would be five minutes. It was closer to 20.

And even THAT would be somewhat bearable if the doctor seemed to be fully engaged in Chas as a patient. Every time he sees him, it's like he's seeing a boy he's pretending to remember. We may switch to a doc in Seattle, which had seemed a lot less convenient than Federal Way (only 10 minutes from our house) until we realized that 45 minutes of waiting would be the best we could hope for from our current doc.

The upside is that I got to spend that time reading to and playing with my boy. And he's awesome. And a lot more talkative when his bossy boiler of a twin brother isn't around.

1 comment:

MommyCheryl said...

You can see my take on it on MY blog. I purposely wrote it before reading yours. We are so going to get another allergist. Anyway, congrats on winning the Less-Vulgar nickname contest for the evil doctor.