Thursday, February 23, 2006

My blog is a pathetic sobbing Tamagotchi, wallowing in its own waste

... or at least that's how I feel. I just made my first entry in days and if I had to equate it to a food item, it would be a partially chewed piece of Altoids gum.

But as I was telling my pal Winda tonight, I'm not going to let my blog make me its bitch. I'm going to use it as a healthy, relaxing outlet. You know, as healthy and relaxing an outlet as it can be considering that I can't name names about the people at work who drive me fucking crazy. Or the people at church who cause me to have less-than-Christian impulses. Or any inner thoughts that I'd like to remain unexamined by the two or so people who read my blog. Some things I'll confess to publicly (caffeine addiction, a deep and profound interest in Angelina Jolie ... and her efforts on behalf of refugees of course, unconditional devotion to my Zen Micro). Others will remain part of my internal monologue.

I'm not afraid of embarrassing myself, of course. Which is why I'll admit that I'm using Cheryl's healthy fear of my eye-watering bean-and-ham induced flatulence as an excuse to be out here with the computer instead of in the boys' bedroom, where they are fighting sleep by any means necessary.

No comments: