Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Happy (well-deserved) retirement, Susan!

My friend and former P-I colleague Susan Phinney is wrapping up her newspaper career today and launching a whirlwind tour of the world that will take her to Europe, Montana and, maybe, Belize.

Susan is the person who taught me how to say Ralph Lauren (rhymes with "whorin'"), and tried to teach me about fashion. I was not made for fashion (I'm tall enough but would need to lose 75 pounds to be the right size), but I would argue that I have my own fabulous sense of style: Sort of preppy-silly (polo shirts, Levis, khakis, and Justice League of America/Mr. Rogers/Seattle Storm Ts).

Anyway, here is Susan, reacting to an adorable card made by Cheryl and featuring my boys (can't go wrong when featuring the boys).




And this is just a picture of one of my former colleagues, the legendary Grant Haller. I think of him as a big, hippie bear. He also resembles the fisherman in the picture behind him, so that makes him even more classic Seattle.


No comments: