Monday, May 07, 2007

I can say that I knew award-winning restaurant critic Rebekah Denn back when ....

If you haven't heard of the James Beard awards, just trust me when I tell you that they're a freakin' big deal. And my friend (and former colleague) won one this weekend:

P-I restaurant critic Denn wins Beard award
P-I STAFF

Seattle P-I restaurant critic Rebekah Denn on Sunday won a 2007 James Beard Foundation award.

Denn, a P-I critic for the past 18 months, won the award for "Newspaper or Magazine Restaurant Review or Critique."

"I'm so honored I just can't believe it," Denn said.

The award ceremony was at the Hudson Theatre in New York City.

The James Beard Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to celebrating America's culinary heritage.

This is the 20th anniversary of the James Beard Foundation awards.

Before becoming the P-I's restaurant critic Denn, was an award-winning Metro desk reporter, most recently having worked as the newspaper's education writer.

No comments: