Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ichiro's mental powers (OK, there IS something interesting about baseball!)


Leave it to Deadspin to have the best spin on Ichiro's latest unusual comments. The rice-ball eatin', super-flexible, sometimes inscrutable Mariners superstar said that when he was close to losing a ball in the sun, he tried to use his mind to solve the problem:

"The ball became the same color as the sky,'' he said, through interpreter Ken Barron. "So, I wasn't able to see it ... I was sending mental signals for the ball not to come my way, because during that time of day it's impossible for me to see the ball so I lacked mental signals. I lacked in that area.'

"Usually, I don't send mental signals," Ichiro replied. "So, because this is the first time, I thought, please don't come my way."


You can read more, with funny commentary, here.

No comments: