Monday, May 28, 2007

Digging the family garden

The space formerly occupied by blackberries (our side yard) is now a garden ... enclosed by bricks, and full of six yards of dirt.

Six yards of dirt doesn't sound like much, I'll be honest. Then it got delivered. In a big ol' dump truck. And we started digging and digging and digging and moving the dirt. And the pile didn't seem any smaller. We worked until we were dog tired on Saturday, then did some shopping yesterday (and saw Shrek 3).

Today we finished the job. Cheryl did most of the dirt-moving, and I did most of the brick-laying, which means I got the better end of the deal. Cheryl and I were laughing about how I asked her to "take a break" from dirt hauling to bring me a wheelbarrow full of dirt. I'm glad we could laugh about it.

Next task(s): Build the swinging chair we bought today with our 10 percent off coupon at Lowe's. Then stain the fence with the stain and the sprayer we also bought with our 10 percent off deal. Man, we bought ourselves a lot of work.

No comments: