Friday, February 02, 2007

I never thought I'd own a 52-inch TV ...



But I do! (Actually, my family thinks it is also theirs, but that's OK -- it's big enough to share). It is, specifically, a Panasonic 52 inch LCD projection TV, which means it's not skinny enough to hang on the wall, but still pretty small (17 inches deep, and only 68 pounds -- which is probably a quarter of what our 36-inch CRT TV weighs).





It lives in the alcove above our fireplace, and pretty much fills it. There was barely room for Cheryl and I to make a shelf above it, which holds the Tivo box and VCR. It's a Series2 Tivo, which means we are still without HDTV content (that comes from a Series3, or a special cable box, neither of which we're willing to spring for). But even regular TV looks really good, and DVDs look fabulous.


And now I'm going to say something nutty: It "only" cost $1000. Well, $990-something plus tax. Now it's back up to $1699, so we feel quite smart. I'mat least as happy as the golf dude in the picture.

Here are specs: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Specifications-of-Panasonic-52-LCD-Projection-HDTV-PT-52LCX66/sem/rpsm/oid/152131/rpem/ccd/productDetailSpecification.do#tabs

No comments: