Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Babyfest 2007 (with a little 2006 thrown in)

So my dear friend R just had her second son, and he is gorgeous. Here are the stats:

Nathaniel Manzanita
Friday February 9, 3:11PM
8Lb 15oz, 21 inches


Cheryl and I have seen a lot of baby pictures (we have fertile friends, I guess), but there's something about this picture in particular that has set off her baby urge. It's the interaction between older bro (in this case, Benjamin) and younger bro. Yeah, we have two, but it is cool to imagine how they'd react if a new baby came on the scene.


In other baby news, another pal has a new addition to her family: My friend Winda, she of the world travels and hipster adventures, had a baby named Oz. I only have the "safe" kind of baby picture to share (cute baby, no siblings) as Oz is Winda and Richie's first. Here's an excerpt of her email:

For those who don't know, Oz was born Jan. 19th after 28 freakin' hours of labor. OUCH! He weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces. Richie and I are totally in love with him. We don't even mind all the poopy diapers. (We've discovered that babies put the FUN back into bodily functions.) However, we do miss our sleep. Sweet sweet sleep. We STILL haven't decided on a middle name yet. Sheesh. Decisions, decisions. We're taking suggestions.


Winda and R are both former newspaper colleagues. In fact, they both used to work for me. And, two other women who worked for me had children recently also .... I guess it must have been the exposure to Eddie and Chas, in all their glory. :)

Here is my friend Hsiao-Ching's baby. (Husband Eric had something to do with it as well, of course.):



Meilee (pronounced May-Lee) Chou Riddle was born Tuesday, October 3rd at 6:20 PM. She weighed in at 8 pounds 6 ounces (Most of the weight is in her hair!).









And then there's my friend Kristin. She and her husband Gene had their sweet baby Kyra ...... shoot .... a year ago? I suck. But hey, here's a picture of Kyra and her mom from last Halloween.




No comments: