Monday, February 12, 2007

MySpace: Not so much

So, I came across a MySpace page for my cousin, Sam Bland (http://www.myspace.com/kingofuniverse). Last I'd heard, he was pursuing his "artisting" in NYC (good place for it). But I've not seen him in quite some time. Like once in the past 15 years or so, probably.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I wanted to drop him a line. But you can't do that sort of thing unless you're signed on. But I REALLY wanted to drop him a line. So I tried to sign in. It didn't go well. In fact, the message I kept getting from MySpace was that I am ineligible. The answer I found for this problem online was "lie about your age, you're too young." Actually, I think I'm too old. It's a Logan's Run world, and I'm 9 years past 30!

My hipster colleague Michael, who has a MySpace page, told me I shouldn't give up. That if I got one I'd be cool. Sadly, I think that's not true. If I got a MySpace page, it would only mean that I had a MySpace page.

No comments: