Monday, February 26, 2007

About as sick as I can ever remember feeling ...

I am told by Cheryl that when I get sick I am something of a whiner. It goes like this: I get sick less often than Cheryl, but when I do get sick, I get really sick.

The first in our family to get sick was Chas, which is always stressful because of the whole asthma thing. We worry about those challenged lungs of his. But what's interesting is that he tends to get better more quickly than the rest of us because he's got high-powered medicine.

Anyway, he was starting to feel better by Friday, when my health took a turn. At first I thought it was the kind of cold I could beat back with a handful of cold pills and a bad attitude. Not so much. I woke up Saturday morning, determined to shower off my sickness and start my weekend. Then, while in the shower, I nearly passed out. And yet I attempted to shave under my arms. Brilliant move, that one. No bleeding ensued, but suffice it to say the results were a bit ... uneven.

Anyhoo, I got out of the shower and went straight to bed, where I pretty much spent the next 30 hours or so. I got out of bed briefly on Sunday, which didn't go well. (I fell and tweaked my injured foot again. Awesome.) By the end of the day Sunday, I had the energy to turn on my computer and do a little work while I watched the Oscars.

An aside: Happy Feet beat CARS?????? WTF??????

By today (Monday), I started to feel something resembling human. Did some work remotely (thank God for technology -- you know, sorta. I was still working after all. And coughing.).

No comments: