Thursday, February 08, 2007

Light in the sky makes everything better

So I'm on my way home, riding the train. It's 5:15, and it's not dark, which is terrific. Not so terrific is the throbbing in my foot. Of course, throbbing is better than screaming pain, so I shouldn't complain. I made it a little worse, I think, by running to catch the train. But the fact that I could run at all shows how much better I am doing.

Days like this make me glad I have a window seat at work. Now, if only I could go outside during the day. I need to make sure I don't get in the habit of just sitting on my arse all day without ever breathing fresh air or working my muscles. It's an all-too-easy pattern to fall into. Hell, I was in it for years and have only moved into a realm of walks and workouts with baby steps.
I can't wait to get back to it. I know it will be a while before my foot is no longer the color of a sunset, but the light in the sky makes everything better.

No comments: