Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A T-Mobile Dash for Me?

We're very, very close to a phone upgrade. It's been at least a few years, 'cause we've really enjoyed our Sony Ericsson T610s. But the time has come to move into the smartphone era. Which means my blog pictures will be easier to make out. And I'll be able to check my work email. Fabulous.

Many of my colleagues have Blackjacks. A Dash is pretty close to that. Nice phone, QWERTY keyboard, Windows Mobile, etc. I'm sure it's got many, many features that will surprise and delight me, as I've had the same ringtone for three years and pretty much use my T610 as a call-maker, picture-taker, and, when I'm feeling really fancy, a bus-tracker (yes, my big thing was adding WAP -- web lite -- service a couple of years ago). Thrillsville, baby!

Now I'm stressing about how to get the best deal. Have been reading The Consumerist. Feels like the thing to do is wait until the weekend the iPhone comes out and go to a T-Mobile store then -- leveraging end-of-the-month eagerness to meet quotas, plus iPhone buzz. We'll see if I can wait that long.

No comments: