Saturday, June 23, 2007

My electric lawnmower is badass ... I shall call it Al Gore!


So I did some lawnmowing this afternoon. We'd let it go a bit, and I had my work cut out for me. Though, in fairness, the majority of the work was done by my Black & Decker Lawn Hog electric (corded) mower. The thing hacked through two-foot high grass at the side of our side yard, in the area formerly occupied by a gang of angry blackberry bushes. Now, however, it is somewhat civilized. Reformed, if you will.


It was with some trepidation that I bought the mower (about $230 from Amazon.com -- of course). Would it be powerful enough? Our lawn isn't small. Would the cord be a pain in the ass? Turns out it's no more a pain than a cord can be when you're vacuuming. You get used to it really fast. I haven't even come close to running it over, and I'm somewhat accident-prone. In fact, my family would probably say to hold the "somewhat" and trade it for "very, very."
Our mower is mighty like Al Gore. Good for the environment and all that. And like Al Gore, it doesn't need gasoline or new spark plugs or "winterization" or any of that pesky maintenance stuff. Just the occasional blade-sharpening and my mower (and Al Gore) are good to go.
But I'm probably still voting for Hillary.

No comments: