Sunday, June 24, 2007

Lauren Graham redeems Evan Almighty ...

So, largely on my recommendation, the family plus beloved Auntie Cathy and Cousin Heather, went to see "Evan Almighty." I kinda liked it, though I acknowledge that it was kinda dumb. Great cast, though: Steve Carell, Wanda Sykes, Morgan Freeman, John Goodman, Molly Shannon and former "Gilmore Girls" star Lauren Graham, who added depth to a role that a lesser actress might have sleepwalked through. (She deserves an Emmy for her work as Lorelei Gilmore, though I'm not holding my breath.)

Here's something she said about the role, which had probably 1/100th the amount of dialogue heard in a single Gilmore episode:

"I have had years and years of talking fast and being sassy, and I'm as happy to do something simpler."

What's next for Lauren? AfterEllen.com knows.



Unfortunately, she will not be taking over the role of Lois Lane, though she'd be perfect for it.

And yes, she is smokin' hot.

No comments: