Monday, June 12, 2006

Reason No. 473 to love Joan Jett


This is from an interview with the mighty Joan Jett conducted by Seattle P-I repoter Molly Yanity (find the full piece here -- http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/sports2day/273577_s2djett.html):

"I'm a sports fan. A big fan. I've always been supportive of women doing whatever they want to do, whether it's play basketball, be a musician, a doctor or a stay-at-home mom - that's work, too. But I bought season tickets without thinking anything about it, before I really knew anything about the WNBA, just to be supportive. But I've turned into a huge Liberty fan. I still have season tickets and go whenever I can."

She's got a new album coming out. She's rocking the Warped Tour. (Oh, and she likes the Seattle Storm too.)

"The Storm, I'm very familiar with them. Last year in a game (in New York) Lauren Jackson even made a comment to me from the court. She said something about my music and she was a fan. That was really cool of her. I root for the Liberty, but I like her and I root for all the players. You never know when someone might actually be a player with the Liberty. I just want to see good games. That was really cool."

She's also a HUGE Baltimore Orioles fan, and pretty much likes every sport (something she goes to great lengths to point out).

No comments: