Friday, June 09, 2006

FabChannel ... cool music, especially if you like obscure stars like Maria McKee

So my job involves investigating video online. I wish it involved more of that, since it's actually a lot of fun. One cool site I found is called fabchannel. It's basically a conglomeration of streaming concerts from somewhere in Europe. Biggest name I saw was Presidents of the United States of America, which tells you something.

But I was thrilled to find a show by Maria McKee, former lead singer of Lone Justice, and fabulously talented songwriter. She has some things resembling hits, mostly in countries other than the U.S. But that was a long time ago. Her sound veers from a sort of carny rock to alt-country. I prefer the former. Many others prefer the latter, and that's what this fabchannel show is. So, it's a mixed blessing. But since Maria won't be coming to Seattle anytime soon, I'll take it.

No comments: