Friday, June 09, 2006

The Office -- please God don't let this be a shark

OK, so we missed the last episode of The Office. Our TiVo was just too full. And despite my efforts I heard what happened. I heard Pam and Jim kissed.

Pam and Jim, in case you don't know, are colleagues. They sit near each other ... close enough for their souls to touch. But as Pam sunk inevitably closer to marriage with a guy who seems not to even know her, it became nearly unbearable to see Jim pine. Good unbearable. Tune-in-next-week unbearable.

Anyway, I'd not seen the kiss. And after my experience buying "Lost" off iTunes (great if you like pixelation), I wasn't going to make that mistake again. However, in my wanderings around the site I found a number of clips from the show, including the moment in question. And just enough surrounding moments to provide context:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/office_hl_221.shtml#video

I've now watched it a couple of times, admired the writing, the performances. And now I will commence to worrying about where they will take the story. Much-craved kisses are often shark jumps. Don't let this be one.

No comments: