Friday, April 14, 2006

We came, we saw, we Wiggled

My camera phone does not do the saturated glories of the Wiggles justice. Neither does it capture the rollercoaster thrills of an afternoon with the greatest band in the world (if you're under 5). Yes, we took the boys to see the Wiggles this afternoon. They were a touch overwhelmed, but not too overwhelmed to request $15 Wiggles light-up things. The T-shirts, on the other hand, we insisted upon because it's a rite of passage: Their first concert Ts. Actually, they saw the Wiggles the year before last. But they weren't quite old enough to fully appreciate the splendor. This year, they were. Well, for the first 45 minutes at least. This is a band that does an hour-long show at its peril.

I mostly watched the boys, who at times sang and danced along (Chas) and at times fought back a look of sheer all-consuming joy (Ed). They were tired, but they still had a rockin' time, with classics like "Big Red Car" and "Hot Potato" providing the soundtrack.

The dark cloud over the proceedings was my imminent return to work. The boys and I have really enjoyed spending this time together. And I've enjoyed the time with Cheryl too, but it's easier for her and I to keep connected via email, cell phones, and yes, our blogs. We've been accused of communicating with each other through these things and I can't deny it.

Neither can I deny that the Wiggles rock.

For a spectacular story on the band, by my favorite writer, look here: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/266585_fam14.html

No comments: