Friday, April 14, 2006

Now, Rosie's a committed blogger

Rosie O'Donnell is something of a stranger to me now. And it's funny that I say "now," since it's not like I ever met her. But back when she had her show, I thought I knew her. Like a lot of people, I think. Then she quit TV, tried to mount an odd show on Broadway ("Taboo"), and put her shiny, happy persona aside. Oh, and she came out. Though to a lot of people that was something of a formality.

I'm gonna be taking a cruise with Rosie this summer. Well, that's me and a couple thousand other folks. It's the third R Family cruise, a big ship filled with gay people, their families and the people who love them. I love cruises. I love gay people (well, most of the ones I've met, anyway). Should be a good time. I'm sure I'll see Rosie, at least from the audience while she's onstage. If I get the chance, I'll thank her for being an inspiration.

Meanwhile, I'll read her blog: http://www.rosie.com/

It's occasionally makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps because Rosie is all about "her truth" and all of that raw and laid-out-in-the-open crap. That's not so much me. But I'm glad it's someone.

No comments: