Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Why it is dangerous for me to listen to music on the train ...

or the office, for that matter:

So, this morning on the way into work, I'm listening to some of my favorite songs on the train. The upside of this is that they put me into a great mood. The downside of this is that I tend to bop in my seat like a goober and, worse, sing along. And as much as I love the sound of my own voice, I recognize that not everyone is as enamored of it as I am. So I'm trying to control myself somewhat.

Right now the song is Seal, "Waiting for You." I'd characterize it as expansive pop: Big vocal to invite you in. Strong beat. Some strings, including acoustic guitar. Now it's Harry Connick's turn, with "Whisper Your Name."

"Somebody was spreading rumors 'bout better days a'coming. Why was I humming as if I knew one and the same? But I just whispered your name."

No comments: