Tuesday, August 21, 2007

OK, I AM a NASCAR fan

I've got a window open on my desktop that shows real-time lap results from the "3M Performance 400" at the Michigan International Speedway. This race was supposed to have taken place Sunday but got delayed due to rain. Which is why I'm not watching it. Yes, NASCAR has overtaken VH1 as my preferred Sunday-afternoon puttering backdrop. Yes, even though TiVo should be recording this race, I'm interested enough that I want to know NOW what's going on.

Dale Jr., who is emerging as my favorite racer, is in 5th place. But to make matters worse, the guy ahead of him in the "race for the Chase" (essentially, NASCAR "playoffs") is winning. Bad. If Jr. doesn't start winning, he's going to be sitting while other drivers go for the title.


Argh!

No comments: