Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The most pleasant doctor's visit ever ...

So I just met with my endocrinologist, who gives me pills to make up for my defective thyroid and does his best to make sure I'm not done in by my family disposition to gain weight and insanity with age.

It went well. Surprisingly well, actually. We laughed and everything.

I think he's happy to spend time with a patient who isn't feeling the worst effects of the demon diabetes. I'm still young-ish, and other than the fact that I've gotta take thyroid pills everyday, I'm doing OK. I'm now off the anti-depressants, and doing well. Gosh, you think it has anything to do with the fact that I'm not working for the newspaper anymore? I think it might. Really, I'm practically giddy at the thought that I don't have to do that job anymore, even though my gig at Unbox is getting more complicated and growing-painsy by the day. But that's OK. I feel like I'm part of something cool. And I get to swim around in TV constantly.

My endocrinologist (his name is Dr. David McCowen, if you're interested, and he's absolutely top-notch) seems to love his work as well .... He told me, endocrinologists aren't God. But God is an endocrinologist.

No comments: