Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Yay for Tivo!

You know Tivo, right? God's own VCR? Yeah, I thought you did. It's basically an essential part of the television experience, something so brilliant that I'm stunned when it can't read every trivial thought in my head. Why yes, I would like you to record every episode of King of the Hill three or four times over! Just keep them coming, along with the occasionally entertainment show, sporting event and ... what makes you think I'd be interested Monster House, Tivo? What do you know that I don't?

Anyway, Tivo has a short cartoon that airs when the system starts up. Which isn't often. Tivo is basically always on. But they know how much kids love that cartoon thing, so in their new KidZone (essentially a setting where kids can only see age-appropriate programming -- no Real World/Road Rules Fresh Meat Challenge), just hit 0 and the animation will run. And my boys will laugh with joy and cheer. And dance. They love the Tivo.

"I think we've got some brand awareness going here," says Cheryl, in a triumph of understatement.

No comments: