Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mel Gibson hates gay people too .... (now I'm doubly glad I never saw "What Women Want")

http://overthetop.beloblog.com/archives/2006/07/mad_mels_tirade.html


Mad Mel's Tirade
By now, practically everyone knows about Mel Gibson's anti-Semitic tirade when he was stopped for DUI. Add to it the fact that Gibson's father is the leader of a Holocaust-denying cult near Houston. Back in the early 1990s, a magazine in Spain published some anti-Semitic, homophobic quotes from Gibson. It was quickly hushed up. When I interviewed Gibson in 1993 for his first directing effort, The Man Without a Face, I asked him about those quotes. At that time he said, "I have no idea how anti-Semitismentered into it. But I do feel that gay people will burn in hell. Their way of life goes completely against God's plan for procreation." When he said the words "burn in hell," his eyes gleamed as if that image delighted him. His new tirade will definitely hurt him in Hollywood circles.
Posted by Philip Wuntch of the Dallas Morning News

No comments: