Monday, September 15, 2008

At Last, Facebook (step by step)

OK, so I'm finally signing up for Facebook. I kind of have to, because there's now a Facebook page for my work, and I need to be a Facebook member to be able to fully access it as an admin/update it/whatever.

I had said that I was a "conscientious objector" to FB, which would actually require putting waaaaay more effort into it than I'm willing to. What I really have been is guilty of ignoring my blog, and more importantly, my friends. FB just seems like another way to do that, and I certainly don't need the help.


But Cheryl's on it, and she seems to dig it. So I'll give it a chance. OK, weird thing: I'm signing in now, for the first time, and I'm still on, like, step 1, and I already have an invite to be a friend with Jim Drinkwine, a dude I kind of remember from college. Wow. I have actual friends on FB, and this guy is the first I hear from? Hmmmmm. Oh God. It's with some trepidation that I allow FB to "find friends" in my Outlook. This ought to be interesting.

Next up: Selecting a Facebook photo.

No comments: